Crochet Patterns for Baby and Newborn Booties, Hats and More

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Tyra Triangle Shawl, Free Crochet Pattern, Lacy Scarf Pattern, Triangle Shawl Pattern















Make a lovely Mother's Day gift with this Triangle Shawl crochet pattern. The shawl turned out lovely but my photographs don't do justice to it. When  I first made it, the shawl turned out small and wouldn't wrap around my shoulder well. I  made another 10 rows and stitched them together, but it still wasn't big enough. I added another 9 rows and luckily ended up with the ideal size. Third time's a charm, isn't it? I am generally impatient with big items but this one worked up effortlessly. After the first row, there isn't much counting required. It is a versatile design that can be worn in many different ways. Wrap it around your shoulder, around your neck or even around your head. The shawl is bigger than you see in the first picture as part of it has been tucked in to the dresser.

* This crochet pattern is written in Standard American Terms.

* Pattern uses DK weight yarn and Hook F (3.75mm). I used Cascade 220 Sport yarn. You can choose any DK weight yarn.

* It took about  530- 540 yards of yarn including the tassels. You can reduce up to 80 yards from the total yardage if you do not intend to add the tassels.

* The  finished shawl is 64 inches wide and 24 inches deep without measuring the tassels.

* The shawl is worked starting from the base of the triangle.

Find the crochet pattern here: Tyra Triangle Shawl

If you love it, please share it using one of the social media buttons below. Thank you!

14 comments:

  1. Love it!! Thank you so much for sharing the pattern. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! which brand of yarn did you use??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I used Cascade 220 Sport yarn.

      Delete
  3. Very lovely, thank you for the explications ! Very good day to you !

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous shawl/scarf! thanks so much for sharing the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a beautiful shawl, thank you for sharing :)
    I love you blog and your work.
    Kind regards and have a nice weekend.
    Carla Pereira

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very pretty but I think the tassels are a little bit too much for my taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's simple, just don't add them ;-)

      Delete
  7. Love it! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing. You are so generous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful scarf and stitch pattern. How would I make a rectangle and/or a cowl? Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you email me using the contact me form, I will be able to help you.

      Delete

AddThis